Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Week 34 Image of the Week (18th -23rd August)

Post Week 34 Image of the Week (18th -23rd August) 
Hi all,

We have a Guest Judge this week on Image of the Week and for this we turn to TomWills92 for the honours, we had his twin brother Jack as a judge a few months ago and keeping up the family tradition Tom has done a sterling job, on with Toms judging!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello all,

TomWills92 here!

For those who don't know or met me before, my name is Tom, I am 22 and from Wrexham, North Wales. I've been interested in and been passionate about aviation since I was 8 years old, and have let it slowly take over my life and dreams since then! I have been going to bases such as RAF Valley since I was 10, and been to the Loop since I was 19, and I can say I have Loop Fever, I simply can't get enough of the stunning scenery as well as the low flying photography side, and must visit more often, as I am still yet to bag an F-15 low level..... Bullocks
I have set up a photography enterprise with my twin brother JackWills28 called "JTW Aviation Images", so that is the reason I haven't posted any photos up yet, as all photos are ours and he had a Flickr account when we started!

My favourite aircraft is the BAE Systems Hawk, and it would be a dream come true of mine ( and I'm sure many others on here ) to get the incredible opportunity to fly in the backseat of one one day, if I am ever deemed worthy enough or get offered the chance to of course! Cool

I class the fact that I went solo in a Vigilant Motor Glider at 18 during my time in the Air Cadets as one of my greatest achievements. Linked to this and my interests, I have an ambition to join the RAF in the future, though what as I simply do not know! I am also a contributor to Scale Aircraft Modelling magazine, something I am very proud to say!

Anyhow, here is my selection for IOTW;

First place goes to a regular at Low Level, Rob, and his thread "Loop and A5 Pass 19/20/21 August ". A disappointing week in the Loop it has been, with only 1 set of passes per day in some cases, but we all know the reasons why. Nevertheless, what did go Low Level was very impressive, and although I am jealous he got F-15's low level, which I am still yet to bag, I found his image of a 28 Squadron Merlin HC3 head on to be something of class. Well done Rob!

Second place is to another set from Low Level, but this one had to have more than an honourable mention, simply because of what's apparent when you see the image. Found in Sigmonster's "Cad West 20 / 08 / 2014 " thread, a Hercules is seen heading towards the Cad Pass, but with a difference to most. Heavy rain had hit the locals on the mountains at just the time he was heading down, and where others would have gone back in the tent and missed the pass, Sigmonster didn't. He persevered and took this excellent shot, and I'm sure the crew appreciated his efforts, as can seen by the waves in the cockpit! A very worthy second place, well done sir!

Third place goes to Hawk172 and his set " Red Bull Air Racing 2014 - Ascot - Qualifying" from Ascot Racecourse. Making a welcome return in 2014, the Red Bull Air Race is a high quality event for those who liken it to the F1 of the skies, but for me The OFMC Spitfire Mk IXc MH434 would always outshine the lot of them. You can almost hear her as she struts her stuff in a rather close display! Well done Sir for this peach of an image!

Honourable mentions go to;

Blasta - "Tower Of London Poppy Fields" http://fox2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=27695
CH79 - "Airbourne 2014" http://fox2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=27696
Urkles - "Italian Tornadoes And Typhoons" http://fox2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=27700
Aguila - "SPTA 22nd August - Confined Merlin" http://fox2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=27747
Toetapper - "A Couple Of Stunning Swedish Birds" http://fox2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=27732

Well done to all concerned, and Rob, go grab that IOTW Avatar!

Kind Regards,

Tom

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks again Tom , and come on lets see some more members putting their judging hat on and giving it a go , contact one of the team if you are intrested Good

Fox2

Sam.

Camera: Nikon D500: Nikkor 300 F4.
Sam.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Report post

Great images and thanks to Tom for the judging Good

Cheers Gareth

I need to be on a hill!

Well done guys, that Herc shot is lovely.  Good

My Website | My Twitter | My Facebook Page
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Report post

Congratulations chaps. Great shots all round. Clapping

Well done to all three. Good choice, Tom  Drinks or Beer

Mark

www.mjaviation.co.uk
www.facebook.com/MjAviation
07817 905537

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99115224@N06/

Must say I'm very surprised to have IOTW  Crazy

Cheers Tom

Great trio of shots, and also the admirable mentions are great sets, so all in all, not a bad week concerning the lack of traffic and WX.

Jack.

My enthusiasm for those Typhoons on Corris in August is now etched into legend.

Nikon D7100, 300 f/4 and a massive smile on my face!

Post IOTW 
Would like to say thankyou for being selected 2nd place iotw. WOW. Something I would have never expected, as this site is full of stunning photographs. Wish I could get more time in the loop. The planes are great to see, and it's nice just to get away from work for a day or two.

Best regards. Sigmonster.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1