Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
WeeK 9 image of the Week (2nd-8th March)

Post WeeK 9 image of the Week (2nd-8th March) 
Hi all,

Guest Judge week this week on IOTW , and its our pleasure to welcome back someone for their second crack at it namely Alchad  Good Alan is a definite Loop regular, and is always happy to be centre of attention from the likes of Robmac, Welshi Skeates etc and is happy to be part of the banter that ensues  Crazy Always a pleasure to spend a day on a hill with Alan , so really pleased that he is judging this week, on with the results!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pleased to have been allowed another go at judging IOTW. Even though it was a pretty slow week in the Loop there were more than enough good photos to make my task difficult, including unusually three posts from Rainbow Canyon.

In the best reverse order tradition

For runner up, I was torn between 6 completely different shots

Ben Stacey’s head on T2 in the thread “A few from My February ’15 in the Loop”

Pedro’s superb Barn Owl

Walter’s Herc and shadow in superb light in the S-M valley

Mark Rangers beautifully timed 777 moon shot

and this moody sunset shot by Curtis Lewis

In the end though, my IOTW runner up was David Campion’s wall hanger from the Australian International Air Show; it really is a surreal image.

As far as IOTW itself was concerned, I went for my simple rule - which one would I most like to have taken? This week there were no less than three threads featuring Rainbow Canyon. The two by Tim Laurence and Rich Pitman really were stunning in terms of the quality of photographs and the variety of airframes, but in the end I chose this one featuring our own Tonka by Akihiro in his thread “Jedi Transition Swept Tonka”, which just swung it for me over several competing images in the other two threads because of the dynamic angle

Alchad

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well done to Akihiro for this weeks winning image here is your IOTW Avatar for the week

And thanks again to Alan for the honours this week, and if anyone else would like the challenge of being guest Judge , just contact one of the Fox team  Good

Fox2

So many top images to choose from this week, well done to all and a very worthy winner  Yahoo!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99115224@N06/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Report post

Well done to all three, err I mean seven!. Greats shots all round.

A big thanks to Alan for stepping upto the plate again.

Cheers

NeilB

well done all, I have more than a sneaky suspicion the swept Tonka is Rebel-87

Cheers Simon

Coming to convert a Nikon user near you
No electrons were harmed or killed in the production of this post

View my photos at bighugelabs.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Report post

Martin

A great selection Alan. What's not to love about a swept tornado in the jedi transition. Well done to all

Another good selection. well done to all Good

Drinks or Beer

Al

Fox2 Banner2

Yes very nice indeed, I like the way you put that together also  Good

*Caveat* - Avatar refers only to the quality of my rice, not my photography!
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1