Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Week 15 Image of the Week (April 13th -19th)

Post Week 15 Image of the Week (April 13th -19th) 
Hi all, its Guest judge time on IOTW this week, and I would like to thank MartinT for stepping up to the plate and I have to say what a great job he has done of it. Martin is a regular in the Loop , being lucky enough to live half an hour up the road , and he also is a very lucky man in the fact he can , during the lighter months step outside and do a few hours on a hill at Bala in the evening .....OK for some eh Yahoo!  Crazy . So on with the judging
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone, my name is Martin (T) and i am your guest judge for this week. First of all thanks to Fox2 for giving me the opportunity to be guest judge, I was too chicken to volunteer.

I only really got back into photography around six years ago and have been a Fox2 member since 2012. I am still amazed at the quality of shots that appear here every week and find it a challenge and a very good learning curve in trying to improve the quality of my own shots. As most people will agree this hobby is very addictive and as I keep complaining regularly I donít have enough time off to be up the loop a lot more often, I am slightly fortunate though that where I live in Frongoch tends to be under the low level flight path quite often and I am only five minutes in the car from Bala lake, so I do get the odd Low fly fix in the evenings especially in springtime.
One of the most enjoyable aspects of a trip to the loop, apart from the buzz of a frontliner is meeting different people from all over the country and beyond, it certainly makes for a very enjoyable day out.

It did appear to be another slow week yet again in both the loop and in the lakes but the top quality images kept coming in and making my job a hard one. I had to look over a number of posts a lot before coming to a decision and I recommend that everyone has a good look at the Mentions this week

I have chosen the IOTW this week from the amazing post by Soren A
Air-to-air refuelling with F-15E's.

I struggled to pick a favourite from this post but this image has numerous highlights, a great cockpit shot , and a good close up of the refuelling nozzle in place and some loaded weapons on show.

In second place this week the a shot of the Lionís from John eís post. An amazing image of the lion with so much detail.

South Lakes Safari Zoo  

In third place this week a special tail photo from the post by WattieB
A few days at RAF Lossie including some JW arrivals. I must admit that i look forward to Walterís posts every week now as the quality of his work never ceases to amaze me.

A good shot of the 617 special tail with the lighthouse in the background.

Some more great threads worthy of a mention this week :

Marines and Their Toys - March 2015 F35 low level, a great first for Vernon
http://fox2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=274481#274481

Smaithwaite 16/4/15 and Dunmail 17/4/15 Wattie B
http://fox2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=274908#274908

Lake Vyrnwy 14th April 2015 Reptile 1
http://fox2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=274623#274623

Tuesday, 14.4.15. Lumberjack... Radar
http://fox2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=274775#274775

16.04.15 Bluebell + 2 more added Danny G
Lakenheath and Coningsby 14/04/15 Markco17

Joint Warrioir Warships 15/1 Chris Procter
http://fox2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=274734#274734

Swinton Park - Birds of Prey *WARNING* graphic mouse-eating content John e
http://fox2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=274941#274941

The weather forecast for the first half of the week is looking good so lets hope the traffic picks up this week and good luck to everyone that ventures out.

Martin

So there we have it , thanks again to Martin and come on chaps put your name forward and join in the fun!

SorenA grab that avatar

Fox2 Good [/img]

Top choices as well Martin  Clapping

My Website | My Twitter | My Facebook Page
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Report post

Well done to Martin, great selection there.

Cheers

NeilB

Well done guys, top shots all round!    Clapping

Martin

Fantastic shots yet again this week , and thanks to Martin for judging.

Cheers Gareth

I need to be on a hill!

Well done to all 3 great work guys and thank you fox2 for the mentions thread this week Smile

Kind Regards
Dan

Canon 7DMKII
Sigma 120-300mm F/2.8 OS Sport
Canon 24-105mm F.4 IS
Tokina SD 11-16MM F2.8 IF DX II
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Report post

Great choices Martin!! Very difficult this week,

Sam.

Camera: Nikon D500: Nikkor 300 F4.
Sam.

Well done to all three, great selection. Thanks Martin Drinks or Beer

Mark

www.mjaviation.co.uk
www.facebook.com/MjAviation
07817 905537

Many thanks for my third place Martin and congratulations to the other placed photographers. SorenAís post was just stunning.

Three cracking images. Well done to everyone Clapping

My Zenfolio Site

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1