Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Cookies seem to mess with my viewing pleasure!

Post Cookies seem to mess with my viewing pleasure! 
Only happens with this site, after a while (a day or 2) the site keeps timing out trying to get to the requested page (408 error?)
If I clear all site cookies then its fine again for a while. Strange.
Just thought Id put it out there, as Ive not experienced this before, and like I said, its site specific.

This is something we have not come accross on a regular basis but we will take a look

Fox2

Very odd, never experienced that. A 408 is a timeout error, and as far as I can tell, the server is blazing fast, which leads me to believe there is a ton of javascript stuck in your browser cache bogging down your computer memory. Otherwise a 408 makes zero sense on a fast server. For what it's worth, this site uses javascript only to set and retrieve the cookie. Nothing else. Which reinforces my belief that your browser's java processing engine is bogged down.

My Zenfolio Site

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Report post

Thanks for the input. I have just done an 'empty cache and hard reload'. Not sure if this corrects what your saying re javascript but apparently it does clear it from cache.

OK, let me know if that helps, please. Be advised, though, that javascript consumes system memory which becomes defragmented, slowing down your machine. A computer reboot will reset your RAM.

My Zenfolio Site

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Report post

Does seem to be better, still happening now and then. Tend to think its a Chrome thing, never happened with Firefox. Only use Chrome as it has a good exif reader that actually works!
Cheers.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1