Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Where else do people post?

Post Where else do people post? 
With the sad end of this place in sight I thought I'd see where everyone else posts. I don't use (and have no interest in) Facebook, Twitter etc and am aware of FighterControl but can find it a bit immature sometimes. Are there any other forums with a decent group of contributors?

It's Each to their own Matt , Twitter works for me , I may at some point look at FB .

I sense that other forums ( and I may get burned here) do not have the passion for Low Flying as we do here so is not embraced as much , with a taxi shot of a C17 being a better bet than an F15 at full chat for a lot of people !

Cheers Gareth

I need to be on a hill!

Once in a while i post in a red thing at the end of the road  Crazy

+1 for Twitter, quite a few of us 'Fox2ers' on there Matt...

Good

Al

Fox2 Banner2

I go on Fighter control a few times a week, it is not very busy either but a lot of other Fox2ers are on there too. FC has the same problem as here, ie slow traffic in the loop, but does get a lot of posts from abroad.
I also go on Facebook and there are more and more low level pics on there from Fox2ers.
If anyone knows of other LL forums I would be interested as well.

I'm a Non-FaceBooker as well .. can't stand the place ..
I asked a couple of the Lads on the Hill over the past few days and they couldn't recommend anywhere ..

Anyone going to open a Forum , copy a lot of the info, staff and common-sense from from here ?

Steve @funtera
EOS50D & EF 70-300mm IS USM Combo
HATO/FOX2 Refugee

Possibly, there has been some thought into it as quite a few don't use Facebook and Twitter and people still want a forum based site to share etc. Good

If there is, it won't happen before fox2 closes the door for the final time  Good

I'll keep my eyes open for a new forum to give asylum to Fox2 refugees  Good

I don't post anywhere anymore, generally user Twitter to keep up to speed on the aviation world, and Instagram to post photos. I also read UKAR and Fighter Control.

My AP.net Photos | My FlickR | Twitter: @airXphoto
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Report post

Anyone going to open a Forum , copy a lot of the info, staff and common-sense from here ?

Funnily enough IIRC that is how Fox2 came about, though some still like to have a dig at the old LowFly.Net forum. I still preferred that site and those days, but that is just an old blokes nostalgia.

"I was going to acuse you of Plagiarism, but I am more inclined to call it theft. From what I have seen in the Airband section of your website, " a quote fro Fighter Control re Fox2
"From what I was told 3 of them were Mods on Lowfly.net but the owner booted them out because they were plotting a hate campaign against the members" was another quote from Fight Control

So it might be a case of  "What goes around , comes around"
As the hobby has changed over the years it is to be expected that an off-shoot will set up elsewhere with all the latest "bells and whistles" Facebook, FlickR and Twitter all have places for LL stuff, though not to everones taste ( mine included ) Smile

We can only hope that when the dust settles a suitable home for all the excellent pictures and info posted on here will be found.

Meanwhile thanks to all who put their efforts into this site, see you on the next one ......................
Fingers crossed.

Derek

When people say they will keep up to date on Twitter, is it a specific site on Twitter, or individual accounts ??

If someone could point me in the right "Twitter" direction, that would be helpful.

Merci

Smile

Hi,

When people say they will keep up to date on Twitter, is it a specific site on Twitter, or individual accounts ??

If someone could point me in the right "Twitter" direction, that would be helpful.

Merci

Smile

The 'official' Twitter accounts for various RAF/USAF bases and squadrons can be quite interesting. They also retweet some photos of their aircraft by enthusiasts.

Tiger-G wrote:
Hi,

Merci

Smile

The 'official' Twitter accounts for various RAF/USAF bases and squadrons can be quite interesting. They also retweet some photos of their aircraft by enthusiasts.

Quick Confirmation of that
https://t.co/xKu9ywBXfS
RAF Linton on Ouse spamming all their followers with one of my photos!! I've seen 29,41,XV all retweet Fox2 Photos
There is also THIS thread but that seems to have been Quiet for some time

Steve @funtera
EOS50D & EF 70-300mm IS USM Combo
HATO/FOX2 Refugee
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1