Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
F35's on Deeside?

Post F35's on Deeside? 
A multi-million-pound contract to repair and maintain F-35 fighter jets from across Europe has been awarded to a
Government owned agency based at the former RAF Sealand base. The Ministry of Defence announced on Monday that Deeside has been chosen by the
F-35 Program Office to be a global repair hub providing maintenance, repair, overhaul and upgrade services for F-35 avionic and aircraft components.

The work will be centered at the UK Government-owned, Defence Electronics & Components Agency (DECA), based at MOD Sealand, in Deeside.
Over the lifetime of the programme, hundreds of European-based F-35 aircraft will be serviced and maintained at MOD Sealand.The work will generate hundreds
of millions of pounds of revenue for the UK defence industry, with the potential to unlock more than 2Bn of future F-35 support revenue over the lifetime of the
programme. The contract award will help sustain thousands of high tech jobs and skills.

The work will involve maintenance and repair of systems for the F-35 aircraft including electronic and electrical components, fuel, mechanical and hydraulic systems,
and ejection seats.

Interesting news - a bit of a long shot hoping that the MOD will refurbish the remaining parts of the old airfield for VTOL use...!

It will be interesting to see how much of the current site they will use - and whether they will refurbish the old buildings or flatten them to build new facilities. I'll be having a good nosey whenever I drive past from now on!

Al

Fox2 Banner2

Marham will be the Hub of most F35s overhall of European nations,
Huge hanger being built for this so expect to see a good few nations F35s knocking about so would make sense that parts get sent off to other UK areas for servicing.
Mark.

A girl from work's fella works at Deeside, they do some weapons manufacturing for Typhoon AFAIK so I will try and find some info out from her when I go back to work next week.

Would be amazing if they had F35's there in some capacity.

Think this may mean the usual, routine inspection/overhaul and repair of certain parts, after removal from aircraft during base maintenance and shipped out to component workshops ?

Rgds Paul Good

www.lowflyimages.com

What Paul said, it's more to do with Parts etc than the aircraft itself, i'd be highly surprised if they were to fly one to Sealand and they still require a runway!

What Paul said, it's more to do with Parts etc than the aircraft itself, i'd be highly surprised if they were to fly one to Sealand and they still require a runway!

...so when the F35's go to RAF Sealand....I wonder will they.....you know....

ROFL

Al

Fox2 Banner2

Probably they will runaway down south as usual? Pardon

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1