Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Second Russian Navy Jet Lost

Post Second Russian Navy Jet Lost 
A second jet operating from the Admiral Kuznetsov has crashed on recovery. Reports are the pilot ejected safe and was picked up by the SAR helicopter:

https://theaviationist.com/2016/12/05/russian-su-33-crashed-in-the-mediterranean-while-attempting-to-land-on-kuznetsov-aircraft-carrier/

They wont have many left at this rate...

Nikon D5300
Tamron 70-300 // SIgma 150-500mm

Just read an article on this latest loss ...
Although the report states it was a failure of the arrester cable system that led to the Aircraft rolling off of the deck .. this will not affect operations!!

ummmm... if my colleague had just avoided death owing to the arrester cables not working, I think I'd refuse to fly until there'd been an investigation!

Steve @funtera
EOS50D & EF 70-300mm IS USM Combo
HATO/FOX2 Refugee

Just read an article on this latest loss ...
Although the report states it was a failure of the arrester cable system that led to the Aircraft rolling off of the deck .. this will not affect operations!!

ummmm... if my colleague had just avoided death owing to the arrester cables not working, I think I'd refuse to fly until there'd been an investigation!

They land with full military power though, so if the cable had snapped the pilot should have been able to fly away..

My Website | My Twitter | My Facebook Page
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Report post

Bit of an embarrassment i would have thought. They would probably see halting ops to investigate as loosing face, but risking loosing more planes is asking for trouble.

Canon 5d mkIII
EF500mm F4 IS mkII
EF300mm F2.8 IS mkII
EF70-200mm F2.8 IS mkII
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1