Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Why has fox2 gone public?

Post Why has fox2 gone public? 
google spies now.

Movements, Chat, Radio Rumble etc are still only viewable to members that have over 50 posts. There isn't (shouldn't) be anything posted in the open sections that isn't already posted somewhere else, so little point in restricting.

Mark

www.mjaviation.co.uk
www.facebook.com/MjAviation
07817 905537
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Report post

For anybody who didn't know, like myself and thought Fox2 was a member only forum to read the threads......it isn't anymore.

Movements, Chat, Radio Rumble etc are still only viewable to members that have over 50 posts. There isn't (shouldn't) be anything posted in the open sections that isn't already posted somewhere else, so little point in restricting.

I disagree,  member have posted images, for instance in the off-topic section, which they may not want to be googlable.....
So Mark, When did it go public and why wasn't an announcement made?

It still says in the sticky in low level Pics

*Update*

- The whole forum is now viewable to members onl
y.

Confused
 Unknown

Yoda -"Anger, fear, aggression... the dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny"
Nikon- "ISO, focus, usability... the dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny" :#D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ed_evans/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Report post

It still says in the sticky in low level Pics

*Update*

- The whole forum is now viewable to members onl
y.

Confused
 Unknown

If you read the text next to the low level title you'll notice it states you need 1 post to view. So, you need to be a member.

Sticky amended.

Mark

www.mjaviation.co.uk
07817 905537

MarkJayne wrote:

I disagree,  member have posted images, for instance in the off-topic section, which they may not want to be googlable.....
So Mark, When did it go public and why wasn't an announcement made?

A little overreaction methinks. If you have sensitive material then its probably best you don't post them on the net in the first place.

Mark

www.mjaviation.co.uk
07817 905537

Spruce wrote:
MarkJayne wrote:

So Mark,

A little overreaction methinks. If you have sensitive material then its probably best you don't post them on the net in the first place.

Over-reaction? are you having a laugh? please do not patronise me  ..... I joined/contributed this particular forum ONLY because it was members only who could read /view the threads.....and you suggest I am over-reacting.

I think you want to take a long hard look at your comment . Now, please answer my questions, "When did it go public and why wasn't an announcement made?"

Quote:
If you have sensitive material then its probably best you don't post them on the net in the first place

please do not try and teach me to suck eggs. I find that offensive

MarkJayne wrote:
Spruce wrote:
MarkJayne wrote:

So Mark,

Over-reaction? are you having a laugh? please do not patronise me  ..... I joined/contributed this particular forum ONLY because it was members only who could read /view the threads.....and you suggest I am over-reacting.

I think you want to take a long hard look at your comment . Now, please answer my questions, "When did it go public and why wasn't an announcement made?"

Quote:
If you have sensitive material then its probably best you don't post them on the net in the first place

please do not try and teach me to suck eggs. I find that offensive

When did it go public? Probably around a month ago.

I'm not going to get into a debate here, really don't see the issue.

Mark

www.mjaviation.co.uk
07817 905537

It is an issue though, I doubt I am the only one.

I joined and contributed to this site only because it was not visible.

'Not visible' was important for me because I understand the sensitivities involving the military. The bots from the likes of google could not surf fox2 which was important to this security for the site.  To take this away , in what seems to be such a flippant manner, is an issue and a total disregard for members like myself who only contribute here because this site was private.

I genuinely can't see what the issue is.....  Confused

.mic

I genuinely can't see what the issue is.....  Confused

.mic

Fundamental. Fox2 was a private forum when I joined and with good reason given ( though I don't know where the why's were explained). In good faith I posted and replied with the knowledge the forum was private.

.....................................................................................................................

I am well aware with the likes of prism, gchq etc all the site is viewable to government.

Members of the public who were against L/L could not easily find the forum due to its lack of coverage on search engines.

.....................................................................................................................

It is up to you people who run the site what you do with it, it is an excellent site. Making it public, in my opinion is a big mistake and will damage L/L in LFA7.

cheers Andy

Making it public, in my opinion is a big mistake and will damage L/L in LFA7.

cheers Andy

You'd better start your campaign to get Twitter, Facebook, Flickr and 500px  shut down then.

Spruce wrote:
Making it public, in my opinion is a big mistake and will damage L/L in LFA7.

cheers Andy

You'd better start your campaign to get Twitter, Facebook, Flickr and 500px  shut down then.

No  Unknown  I don't want to start any campaigns. All I am going to do is not report my (insignificant) observations from this part of the country anymore.

There were plenty of public sites before fox2 and indeed fox2 was public (bar a couple of forums) ... then you decided to make it private, now you have made it public again.

ATM you must agree with my POV as you are still keeping a handful of forums private....  Confused   .

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next