Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Flickr - Posting of Images - Slideshow

Post Flickr - Posting of Images - Slideshow 
Just thought I'd post a slight warning in case anyone hadn't realised.

In some way I haven't' been able to duplicate some people are posting images with "previous" and "next" arrows on their photos. This means that if you click on the arrow it brings up the next or previous shot in the Flickr photo show. Now this might be OK if you wanted those shots to be the ones you'd intended to post on Fox, but if not .......

Perhaps someone who knows Flickr could explain how it happens

Alchad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Report post

Many people embed the whole code, including the "frame" code, which gives you the slide show feature.

If you just embed the code to display the image using just the IMG tags, you won't have all the other stuff that flickr gives you. (name of image, author, slide show etc.)

Regards

Tal

Website Flickr Youtube Twitter

Its just a matter of making sure you have clicked on      HTML    BEFORE YOU COPY AND PASTE  Simples TCH TCH

Its just a matter of making sure you have clicked on      HTML    BEFORE YOU COPY AND PASTE  Simples TCH TCH

Thanks - it's always simple when you know how!

Interesting I copied some photos from Fox when I was judging IOTW and marked them private. Just tried a test using the embedded code and they popped up as well. Which reinforces my point that using embedded isn't a good idea.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Report post

You have 3 options Embed - HTML - BBCode, selecting Embed give that slideshow option but when you preview the post it won't show anything, HTML give you the image and nothing else and BBCode gives you the image and Descrition,Username etc underneath  Good

You have 3 options Embed - HTML - BBCode, selecting Embed give that slideshow option but when you preview the post it won't show anything, HTML give you the image and nothing else and BBCode gives you the image and Descrition,Username etc underneath  Good

Rob,

when I select embedded and preview I do get the photo and slideshow.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1