Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Best mobile phone coverage in the loop.

Post Best mobile phone coverage in the loop. 
Having been with Orange/EE for 15 years I've decided to look at changing my mobile phone provider. I'm thinking of going to Vodafone but I was just wondering what people's views were on which mobile phone provider gives the best signal in the loop?. It would be nice to be able to do a live log without having to stand on the magic stone or climb higher each time I want to send a post.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

NeilB

Interesting that I was looking at moving back to EE for that reason. I'm on O2 at the moment and well, it'd be quicker and more reliable to send a carrier pigeon.

setups = upsets Bomb

Untitled-1
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Report post

I'm with ee/ orange and found that i get 3g on the exit, struggle with g sometimes on the middle shelf and found service very poor on cad west.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99115224@N06/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Report post

Im on Vodafone and was thinking of going pay as u go EE!  no signal on spur,lower and middle shelf one bar sometimes on top, East ok one bar on west Vodaphone!

Im on Vodafone and was thinking of going pay as u go EE!  no signal on spur,lower and middle shelf one bar sometimes on top, East ok one bar on west Vodaphone!

Agree with POSTY - I'm with Talk Mobile which uses Vodafone network its useless in loop - might as well use a can and a piece of string (although missus can't get hold of you...)

Al

Fox2 Banner2

Shocked  Shocked ...do NOT go near Vodafone Neil No

Rgds, P Good

www.lowflyimages.com

Thanks for he replies so far Folks. So it would seem that Vodafone is not the way to go unless a iphone else has differing experience....

Cheers

NeilB

Loop wise you won't beat EE for coverage in then Loop fact regardless of which phone you use  Good

...I had an iphone, now a Samsung s5, with Vodafone, both total rubbish within sight of a hill, might as well leave it at home when I go to the loop!  No

www.lowflyimages.com

Virgin mobile is ok on Cad East but at the lower part at the Bwlch it was one - two bars nothing to do with drinking so that is our conclusion for mobiles at the Loop.

Last edited by MountainMeerkat on Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

I don't know if O2 have move a Mast but I was getting 3 bars on top of Cad East Yesterday and regretfully that meant the wife could phone me and
chat a load of b******* while I'm trying to watch where a couple of Eagles were going ..
The Signal down at Dinas was .5-1 Bars with spotty connection .. Haven't looked at the Bwlch as I'm usually driving

Last edited by Funtera on Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Steve @funtera
EOS50D & EF 70-300mm IS USM Combo
HATO/FOX2 Refugee

I'm on three and had full reception and decent mobile data at Cad West.

Thanks for all the comments folks, it seems that staying with EE might well be the way to go.

Cheers

NeilB

If it helps there is 8 Orange/EE masts around the Loop, Brithdir,Dinas and Corris and close to BB and Welshpool Road,Aberangell and Cemmaes. no one else comes close to that  Good

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next