Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Photographs on twitter.

Post Photographs on twitter. 
Morning all,

As some may be aware, there was a horse race in Australia this morning called the Melbourne Cup, and a few British raiders went there to try and win it for us for the first time.

Last night I tweeted one of our pictures of a contender from Britain, Trip To Paris, who has won the Chester Cup at Chester Racecourse in May and the Ascot Gold Cup at Royal Ascot in June, from the page for me and Jack's photographic enterprise "JTW Aviation Images". I tagged in the tweet Chester Racecourse, and having woken up this morning, I find that they have tweeted the image, without asking for it. Our watermark has been left in, but that's it.

If someone is tagged in a photo on Twitter, do they have a right to use it automatically or not? I can't find this information on the guidelines?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Regards,

Tom

No they do not, however that doesn't clear you to send in the lawyers either.
Personally I would ask they either remove the image or delete the tweet and repost crediting you.

My Website | My Twitter | My Facebook Page
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Report post

if you've added the @ bit then it's already on their page so all they're doing is putting a great photo out for everyone of their "followers" who wouldn't normally check all the posts on their pages .. I've had Fox2, XH558, Typhoon Display and a few others retweet mine ..

Steve @funtera
EOS50D & EF 70-300mm IS USM Combo
HATO/FOX2 Refugee

if you've added the @ bit then it's already on their page so all they're doing is putting a great photo out for everyone of their "followers" who wouldn't normally check all the posts on their pages .. I've had Fox2, XH558, Typhoon Display and a few others retweet mine ..

That isn't how it works, if you post an image and @ the person or company it doesn't appear on their feed unless they RT it.

My Website | My Twitter | My Facebook Page
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Report post

Lloyd, I will speak to them shortly and resolve it in the manner provided.

Regards,

Tom

That isn't how it works, if you post an image and @ the person or company it doesn't appear on their feed unless they RT it.

I sit corrected Lloyd .. I thought it automatically showed on their feeds

Steve @funtera
EOS50D & EF 70-300mm IS USM Combo
HATO/FOX2 Refugee

Don't the Twitter Ts&Cs specifically permit them to re-publish anything that's posted?

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1