Reply to topic Page 4 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
*All Members Please Read* - Fox2

Thanks to Mark and the rest of the team this really has been a top quality inspirartional site and has done wonders for Camera sales generally.  It was the fist thing I used to look at on the bus to work at 5am because as people have pointed out, you cut through all the dross and get straight to fantastic images.  Not surprised that this has happened though, as the postings have diminished recently.  

Just curious as to whether the whole site or at least the LL bit can be archived and saved for the future. It is probably the best collction of LL images in the world.  I can imagine some old duffer museum trustee is 50 years time (post RAF) desperately trying to recall that website thingy that had all those iconic photos, just like we all wish we had more images from he 70s and 80s.

Great shame, but understood. I'm a relative newcomer but have really benefited from various bits of advice and comment on photography and equipment. I'll miss it.

All the best for the future to all who have contributed, all those I have met on the hills (although I guess they will still be "out there"! and, especially, for those who have run and maintained the site.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/victorthesecond
Canon 70d
Canon 300mm f4 L
Canon 70-300IS USM
Canon 50mm f1.8
Canon 28mm f2.8
Tamron 17-50mm f2.8
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Report post

I go with everything that has been said. This site stands head and shoulders above the rest. I for one will sadly miss it.
Now a little question. Is it the time or the financial aspect that is pressing your withdrawal Mark?
I for one, and I'm sure many, if not most would be happy to contribute if that would see this great site continue.
Just a thought.....
All the best and thanks for all the team have done, it's been a pleasure.

I would willingly contribute for the upkeep of this site if it will keep it going and maybe someone with better computer knowledge than me could help with the running of it if it helps with a time issue.

Many thanks for all the great feedback guys, really is appreciated.

It's been nice reading through some ideas regarding the forum, but as sad as it is we're sticking with our decision. Having members help fund things isn't the way Id want it, we've taken pride in funding everything ourselves over the years without the need of sponsors even though we had offers. Handing things over is also easier said than done, when you've built something up and your name gets put to it it's a risk just letting someone else take over no matter who that is.

It'll be nice to end on a high rather than close Fox because we have to or have no choice.

As that saying goes......Don't cry because it's over, smile because it put Lowfly.net out of business Mr. Green  Crazy

Mark

www.mjaviation.co.uk
www.facebook.com/MjAviation
07817 905537
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Report post

Just read the message, I will really miss not being able to look at the site each day to see what's happening in news and chat and not looking at the great pictures
  members post here, Fox2 is the first forum I joined and still the only one I look at.

It can unfortunatly clearly be seen things are not what they once were, this years page for Airshows barely covers one page and there is obviously less aircraft
  movements than ever, Mildenhall closing makes things even worse.

I will admit to using Twitter...sorry...as this does give very up to date snippets of info from the likes of the Red Arrows, BBMF, Typhoon Display etc. but Unfortunatly
  I can't help but feel they are being followed by and constantly Tweeted to by a bunch of N*b heads who seem to be more interested in having their egos inflated each
  time they have a picture Retweeted and have very little knowledge of what they are actually taking photographs of!

Laurie

Such a shame as I check in most days to see what traffic has been around, sadly not much recently by the looks.
It was this site that made me want to upgrade from my little bridge camera to the bag full of glass I have now.

Thanks everyone for all the awesome pictures over the years Drinks or Beer

What will happen to all the threads, would be a shame to loose the gulf low level thread and one of my favourites the Russian birds...

EDIT : If you have never seen it here is pinkfins tornado thread... http://fox2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=13210&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=pinkfin&start=0

Nikon D5300
Tamron 70-300 // SIgma 150-500mm

Very sad to read this. I for one love to post the few photo's I do get and it's the only real place I'm comfortable posting 'all' of my shots. The members here are polite and critique constructive and helpful. The site itself is well run, friendly, well policed, very informative, and will be such a loss, but a credit to what Mark and the team have achieved. All good things perhaps should come to an end, it's a shame it is this one! Ken

Ken Richardson

I vote that we end it as we started....with a mass coach trip to SPTA  Crazy  Search

Hi Mark, Fox2 team and all participating members.

I would like to thank you all for building this amazing forum. You have done a great job !

Personally I feel sad to see it disappear, although I can fully understand the motivation. I know that all good things come to an end sooner or later.

But even if the forum will no longer receive fresh imput, I would love to keep the old messages available as they contain so much useful facts, hints and information. Taking that off-line too would amputate a very valuable source about low flying, deleting information that will never come available again.

Is there any way we can make the forum a read-only website and keep all the old information available online ?  I will be happy to make a contribution to share in the cost, if that helps in any way.

Whatever the outcome of my question, I'd like to thank everybody again for all their import, support and enthusiasm here at Fox2.

Cheers,
Iwan

Is there any way we can make the forum a read-only website and keep all the old information available online ?  

This is something we're thinking about. Will keep you posted Good

Mark

www.mjaviation.co.uk
www.facebook.com/MjAviation
07817 905537

Sorry to read that you are closing the site. I`ve enjoyed looking through it even though I`m not a photographer. Thanks for all the stunning pics from all the contributors. Mik.M

well, that's that then .. thank You Mark and all the Team -- and the Members here who've offered me Advice ranging from lose your camera to editing advice and panning advice .. my thanks to the Characters I've met on the Hills and car parks .. I'm sure someone will think about a "Free Forum" to continue the Friendships and TBH the Damn good common sense that's lacking elsewhere

Steve @funtera
EOS50D & EF 70-300mm IS USM Combo
HATO/FOX2 Refugee

Been on here a few years, although I'm not a photographer I am a keen fan of the low flying hobby and I personally will be sad to see it go but I can understand your decision.

It's not just the lack of aircraft I feel has caused you to make this decision, it's the whole politics around LL flying and there are a lot of idiots around at the moment spoiling the hobby for many and undoubtedly this must have been a huge influence in you making this decision along with other factors of course.

I wish Mark and all the admin team the best of luck in the future.

Marc

Sad news but not surprising. The game's changed massively over the last couple of years. A lack of different types to catch combined with the explosion of social media - one particular 'closed' Facebook group has 6000+ members and apparently deals with 30+ new member requests a week has left the Loop pretty much a tourist attraction. Madness.

Having been here since pretty much day one I was lucky enough to be around to experience the Live Logs before it all got out of hand and became Movements Only.  Those logs and the laughs helped me get through many a dull day in the office.
 Crazy  Drinks or Beer

Reply to topic Page 4 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next