Reply to topic Page 5 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
*All Members Please Read* - Fox2

A proper shame. I will miss checking out the posts of other togs, but i appreciate the hobby has changed greatly even in the few years Fox2 has been going. An understandable but sad decision. I would especially like to thank Joe for his help with tips when i first started low fly togging in 2009/10  Drinks or Beer

Canon 5d mkIII
EF500mm F4 IS mkII
EF300mm F2.8 IS mkII
EF70-200mm F2.8 IS mkII

Having been here since pretty much day one I was lucky enough to be around to experience the Live Logs before it all got out of hand and became Movements Only.  Those logs and the laughs helped me get through many a dull day in the office.
 Crazy  Drinks or Beer
Those were also my favourite threads. This one was particularly entertaining.

My Zenfolio Site

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Report post

john_e wrote:
Having been here since pretty much day one I was lucky enough to be around to experience the Live Logs before it all got out of hand and became Movements Only.  Those logs and the laughs helped me get through many a dull day in the office.
 Crazy  Drinks or Beer

Those were the days...  Drinks or Beer

My Website | My Twitter | My Facebook Page
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Report post

NFLineast wrote:
john_e wrote:
 Crazy  Drinks or Beer

Absolutely. Still makes me laugh thinking back to it now.  Clapping

setups = upsets Bomb

Untitled-1

Thanks for the efforts of all that have been involved in this site. Been great. With Harriers etc long gone, though the Raptor having just shown and Atlas expected soon I don't fully understand the nostalgia around what things once were. Big days still seem to happen as they always have - if they were more often it wouldn't be as much fun! Seems a lot of politics going on which doesn't fit with a pastime like this so I remain completely in the dark to it all. All the best.

Last edited by SnakesBelly on Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Well done and a vote of thanks to all who organised and helped the Site.

Cheers,

Kev B

I used to be idealistic, then I found cynicism.

Olympus E-1/E-3/E-5, Zuiko 50-200mm f1:2.8-3.5/300mm f2.8 - It turns out that I am NOT the only person in the World who uses this kit!

lloydh wrote:
NFLineast wrote:
john_e wrote:
 Crazy  Drinks or Beer

Absolutely. Still makes me laugh thinking back to it now.  Clapping

Some of the wind-ups were superb. One phrase in particular still pops out every time something goes wrong on a hill... Wink

sad news indeed.the main reason I got into low level photography was after seeing the brilliant photos on here, and I certainly wouldn't have made the 250 mile round trips
to the loop  without the location guide and other information on fox 2, would just like to thank mark and the mods for all their work, will really miss fox 2.

Post Fox2 
Hello All

Mark J great work with fox2 a credit to the Site from you and all your team.

Sad to see it wrap up like this.

Loads of info and amazing photographers.

See you again in LFA7.

Good
Cheers Mark and team.

Gutted, loved this site... Big thanks to Mark and the team for all the hard work over the years, shame it's coming to an end..  Sorry

Regards.
Tony.

http://www.aghphotography.co.uk/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33045961@N07/

Fox2 got me started with Aviation photography....I thankyou immensely....my bank balance and Mrs don't Wink Miss the site always good for tips, hints and help. Thanks guys.
Dave

very sorry indeed to hear of this, Fox2 has certainly contributed immensely to my evolving photography.  Thank you very much for all the help freely offered.

very best wishes, chris

Best wishes, Chris

I'm still hoping this is an early April fools joke  Confused  will miss checking here every day to see the posts, Fighter control is ok but not quite the same somehow.

Echoing all of the other members in that this is sad news.

Thanks for all the info and various members for the help in my relatively short time here.

To quote Big Chris aka Vinnie Jones 'It's been Emotional'.

PS another one for keeping the site open for info purposes please.

Thanks all

WhiskeyBravo

Sad news indeed, I was genuinely shocked with the news   Crying or Very sad

I migrated to Fox2 when the old Warplane site folded. I don't get out into the hills any more, but visit this site, and this site only, every week to keep myself updated with what is happening out in the low fly areas. The photo's are amazing, so thanks everyone for that  Smile . How photography has changed over the 30 years I've been interested in LL, with the old Mallet Blow exercises and windy days at Spadeadam !!

I just take it for granted that this site is here, and don't put any thought into the hard work and cash that will be going into it to keep it going. It's only when you hear that it's closing that reality strikes. So a big thank you to all involved with Fox 2 over the years  Smile

As I mentioned, I only visit this site so have no idea what posters are saying when they say "times are changing" ?? Can someone explain what is meant by this ?? Where would I go now to find the same quality of photo's, the same people, the same level of professionalism, etc ??

Cheers,
Graeme.

Reply to topic Page 5 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next