Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Just wonder if anyone might know how......

Post Just wonder if anyone might know how...... 
One of my pals paid for her Dad's name to be put on one of the Red Arrows aircraft.....He served in the RAF in WWII, now aged 95.

She was wondering if there was any chance of getting him to somewhere where he can actually see his name on the aircraft. I know the Arrows sometimes park up and allow people to get fairly near (Blackpool Airport used to be a great spot to chat to the pilots through the fence and right on our doorstep, but I dont think they use it any more), and I just wondered if anyone had any thoughts or knowledge of where the Reds might still do this?

If it was in the North West, that would be perfect!

I know they stop over at Valley sometimes, but suspect getting access would be tricky given the operational nature of the base!

Appreciate any help you can give, thanks.

Mike

http://www.flickr.com/photos/victorthesecond
Canon 70d
Canon 300mm f4 L
Canon 70-300IS USM
Canon 50mm f1.8
Canon 28mm f2.8
Tamron 17-50mm f2.8
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Report post

Just as a thought have tried to go and ask them directly they can say sorry or yes indeed he could visit them? But what a fantastic way to be acknowledged for his service to our country. Drinks or Beer  Good  Yahoo!

Good idea!  I called Valley to see if there would be any opportunity to get near the aircraft, and they kindly put me on to the Reds publicity team. Voicemail only when I called but I've left a message and we'll see what happens!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/victorthesecond
Canon 70d
Canon 300mm f4 L
Canon 70-300IS USM
Canon 50mm f1.8
Canon 28mm f2.8
Tamron 17-50mm f2.8
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Report post

Steve @funtera
EOS50D & EF 70-300mm IS USM Combo
HATO/FOX2 Refugee

Don't forget they also use Hawarden occasionally - usually for the Rhyl display, might be an opportunity there for you too.

Good

Al

Fox2 Banner2

Really hope you are successful in this. I feel sure the Reds will do their best to make this fine gentleman's day. Fingers crossed.
Regards,
Dave.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1